Are you a driven analyst? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition and to be part of our company? This is your chance! We are looking for an enthusiastic professional to fulfill the position of Energy Data Scientist
Senfal is looking for a Energy Data Scientist. For this position we ask a sharp, analytical mindset, alongside knowledge of the energy sector. You like to make forecasting models, design algorithms that find optimal schedules, use AI for trading strategies, and can help communicate our results effectively. Besides technical capabilities, you will build a good understanding of the energy sector, and the forces at play within the market.
We’re looking for a professional who will work in our Analytics team to improve our forecasting and optimization software. We build a cloud-based platform that provides energy trading and control of real-world assets for a wide range of customers. As a result, clients get financial profits and we reduce CO2 emissions. With analysis and machine learning we can improve the efficiency of our software, helping our customers save money.
We are looking for a Energy Data Scientist that has a strong analytical background. You are willing to take on challenging problems both individually and as as member of our team.
This position requires a sharp, analytical mindset, alongside knowledge of Python or R. You like to make forecasting models, design algorithms that find optimal schedules, use AI for trading strategies, and can help communicate our results effectively.
- Several years of experience (minimal 3-5 years);
- Knowledge about the energy sector through work and/or studies;
- Skilled in “programmable” analysis tools such as Python/R;
- Studies in Computer Science or Artificial Intelligence, or otherwise studies in Physics, Maths or other sciences or work experience in data-analysis.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Interest and experience in design and algorithms;
- Works independently and is good at setting priorities;
- Has a great sense of responsibility with a ‘can do’ mentality;
- Proficiency in English is required;
- Analytical and driven;
- Available for 40 hours a week;
- Interest in green energy and smart technology.
Senfal’s power trading & demand response software
Senfal develops software that automates power trading and connects with, for example, wind turbines and batteries to control these, based on market signals, with demand response software. This functionality is valued by our industrial energy utilities and wind turbine owners.
Starting off as a group of nerds we have now grown to a professional company with a shared passion for innovation and sustainability. We grow fast and attract motivated people. It is our ambition to wake up everyday and to serve our clients and partners with full belief in the most passionate, kind and efficient way. At Senfal we work hard but equally love our leisure. We all strive for the best in our work, but we love to relax during our shared lunch.
We are a devoted team how likes to work together. Besides, we offer:
- A competitive salary;
- A lot of freedom to create your own path;
- Flexible working hours;
- The chance to be a frontrunner in innovative developments that contribute to the energy transition;
- The chance to contribute to a fast growing organization;
- The chance to grow: you’re working in a team with intelligent people that challenge each other to keep developing great ideas;
- A nice and informal team that loves to work hard and celebrate their successes;
- Free lunch at our kitchen table, friday afternoon drinks and regular team events.
Are you ready to become part of our team? Send a message with a motivation for this job and CV added to Carola Rijneveld, firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you!