Are you ready to join a company where you can believe in what you do, work with great people and contribute to the energy transition? This is your chance! We are looking for an enthusiastic professional to fulfill the position of Senior Energy Analyst
For this position full proficiency of the Dutch language is required.
Senfal is looking for a Senior Energy Analyst. We are looking for someone who loves and excels in doing technical and financial analysis, is enthusiastic about pitching business cases to clients and has a deep knowledge about the energy sector.
First of all we’re looking for a professional with deep knowledge about energy. Our ideal candidate works in the forefront of analysis for pre sales or Business Development of a (large energy utility. Experience with financial modeling of energy plants including the relationship with energy trading markets is preferred. The ideal candidate is someone who is assertive, well experienced and energetic!
As a Senior Energy Analyst you perform technical analysis and you write business cases with ease, but you’re also skilled in developing relationships with customers. Of course you know a lot about the energy sector and you can apply your knowledge of how e.g. power plants, wind turbines and batteries work directly in day-to-day business. You are challenged by giving advice on the application of smart energy systems and you love this. You are at your best researching and analyzing business cases and cooperating with sales to write great proposals.
A workday at Senfal
- Making quotes and contracts for our leads and clients;
- Establish and write business cases;
- Calculating and checking financial savings.
- Have lunch with the rest of the company;
- Cooperate with Sales, Analytics and Development departments and work on the functionality of our software for specific clients and translating it into recommendations for business cases or improvements for optimization;
- Business development: doing market research on prospects, using your network and make the appointment.
- Several years of experience (minimal 3-5 years);
- Experience in doing and/or supporting sales with a proactive attitude;
- Deep knowledge about the energy sector through work and/or studies such as SEPAM,SET, Energy Science, or similar;
- Knowledge about energy trading, energy contracts and energy markets (intraday, day-ahead, forward and spot);
- Knowledge about imbalance and transmission system operators (TenneT and preferably also on the European market);
- Secure and analytical in calculations and premises;
- Experience is assessing investments and in general business cases for energy plants (eg gas turbines, boilers, heat pumps, wind/solar) through a financial model, translating technical issues into Euros;
- Critical and creative approach on applications;
- Works independently and is good at setting priorities;
- Good communication skills and can handle deadlines very well;
- Has a great sense of responsibility with a ‘can do’ mentality;
- Excellent skills in writing and speaking Dutch;
- Good knowledge of English, and preferably more languages.
Senfal’s power trading & demand response software
Senfal develops software that automates power trading and connects with, for example, wind turbines and batteries to control these, based on market signals, with demand response software. This functionality is valued by our big industrial customers, big energy utilities and wind turbine owners.
As a Senior Energy Analyst you are giving our customers the opportunity to save on energy costs and to trade their own produced energy for a beneficial price. Herewith, we are giving a boost to the production and usage of sustainable energy. Our product is ready to sell, now our challenge is to aim big for sales and contribute to the energy transition
First of all we are a devoted team. Besides, we offer:
- A lot of freedom to create your own path;
- The chance to be a frontrunner in innovative developments that contribute to the energy transition;
- The chance to contribute to a fast growing organization;
- The chance to grow: you’re working in a team with intelligent people that challenge each other to keep developing great ideas. You are in charge of your own growth and development;
- A nice and informal team that loves to work hard and celebrate their successes;
- Free lunch at our kitchen table, friday afternoon drinks and regular team events.
Are you ready to become part of our team? Send a message with a motivation for this job and CV added to Carola Rijneveld, email@example.com and we can get to an appointment.